relationshipnoun [C]uk /rɪˈleɪ.ʃən.ʃɪp/ us /rɪˈleɪ.ʃən.ʃɪp/
relationship noun [C] (CONNECTION)
- Her relationship isn't good with her father, but she's very close to her mother.
- Lack of trust is very destructive in a relationship.
- The relationship was never going to work, but it was fun while it lasted.
- What do you look for in a relationship?
- She knew he fancied her, but preferred to keep their relationship platonic.
relationship noun [C] (FRIENDSHIP)
relationship noun [C] (FAMILY CONNECTION)
- be sb's own flesh and blood idiom
- birth mother
- birth parent
- first cousin
- fraternal twin
- maiden aunt
- working mother/father/parent
- your nearest and dearest idiom
- your own flesh and blood idiom