reliefnounuk /rɪˈliːf/ us /rɪˈliːf/
relief noun (HAPPINESS)
relief noun (HELP)
- In spite of the scale of the famine, the relief workers struggled on with dauntless optimism and commitment.
- Campaigning to change government policy is ancillary to the charity's direct relief work.
- The continuing civil war is frustrating the efforts of relief agencies to feed thousands of famine victims.
- Charities are non-profit-making organizations and get tax relief.
- Our organization is just one of many charities that are providing famine relief in the region.
relief noun (RAISED AREA)