reluctantadjectiveuk us /rɪˈlʌk.tənt/
- The United Nations was reluctant to get its forces embroiled in civil war.
- I'm a bit reluctant to get involved.
- The government was reluctant to sanction intervention in the crisis.
- The government is understandably reluctant to do anything which might spoil the harmonious relations between the country's ethnic groups.
- A mother was coaxing her reluctant child into the water.
- be blowed if... idiom
- be in no mood for sth/to do sth idiom
- drag your heels/feet idiom
- not have the heart to do sth idiom
- not have the stomach for sth idiom
- rather you than me idiom