remainsnoun [ plural ]uk /rɪˈmeɪnz/ us /rɪˈmeɪnz/
human/sb's remains formal
- The remains of the Roman fort are well preserved.
- Early human remains were found in the Dordogne region of France.
- Building at the site was halted after human remains were unearthed earlier this month.
- The remains of some Roman earthenware vessels were found during the dig.
- His remains can now be given a proper burial.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: