remoteadjectiveuk /rɪˈməʊt/ us /-ˈmoʊt/
remote adjective (DISTANT)
- They live in a remote corner of Scotland, miles from the nearest shop.
- She dwelt in remote parts of Asia for many years.
- People in the remote mountain villages still cleave to their old traditions.
- These remote islands are inhabited only by birds and small animals.
- They lived in a remote cottage set high on a woody hillside.
- (in) the middle of nowhere idiom
- all/the four corners of the world/earth idiom
- as far as the eye can/could see idiom
- light year
- light years away idiom
- the back of beyond idiom
- you're getting colder idiom
remote adjective (SLIGHT)
remote adjective (NOT FRIENDLY)