represent verb (ACT FOR)
Ed Smythe represents Barnet.
She was chosen to represent France at the Olympics.
- All the local churches were represented at the memorial service.
- All the nations of the world will be represented at the conference.
- A group of four teachers were delegated to represent the school at the union conference.
- They purport to represent the wishes of the majority of parents at the school.
- A friend of the victim was subpoenaed as a witness by lawyers representing the accused.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
represent verb (DESCRIBE)
- ¼ and 0.25 are different ways of representing the same fraction.
- The wild cards are represented here by asterisks.
- The decimal system represents numbers in terms of groups of ten.
- Each number on the scale represents twice the speed of the preceding number.
- Writers of realist novels try to represent life as it is.
represent verb (BE)
- The course represents excellent value for money.
- This huge, unfinished building represents the last hurrah of the former regime.
- The new price represents a saving of more than 40 percent.
- This new policy represents a change of direction for the government.
- Her father's blessing represented a bestowal of consent upon her marriage.