representationnounuk us /ˌrep.rɪ.zenˈteɪ.ʃən/
representation noun (ACTING FOR)
- Defendants have a right to legal representation and must be informed of that right when they are arrested.
- The farmers demanded greater representation in parliament.
- The main opposing parties have nearly equal representation in the legislature.
- The scheme is intended to increase representation of minority groups.
- The members are chosen by a system of proportional representation.
representation noun (DESCRIPTION)