representativenoun [ C ]uk /ˌrep.rɪˈzen.tə.tɪv/ us /ˌrep.rɪˈzen.t̬ə.t̬ɪv/
› someone who has been elected to the US House of Representatives
- A representative from the tour company will meet you at the check-in.
- He visited China in his official capacity as America's trade representative.
- We have representatives operating in most countries.
- In order to increase the number of female representatives, the selection committee decided to discriminate in favour of women for three years.
- We elected him as our representative.