reputationnoun [ C usually singular, U ]uk /ˌrep.jəˈteɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌrep.jəˈteɪ.ʃən/
She has the reputation of being a good doctor.
- Recent discoveries about corruption have done serious damage to the company's reputation.
- The government's reputation has already been harmed by a series of scandals.
- The newspaper has a reputation for being littered with spelling mistakes.
- She has a reputation for open-mindedness and original thinking.
- Actors' reputations have been made and unmade on this London stage.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words