- Her request for time off work was denied.
- He graciously acceded to our request.
- My request for help was met with silence.
- We have been inundated with requests for help.
- The management has adopted a more pliant position, and has agreed to listen to the staff's requests.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Asking for somethingThere are different ways of asking for something. We usually ask for something in a polite and indirect way, for example, using can, could, would you mind if and may: …
requestverb [ T ]uk /rɪˈkwest/ us /rɪˈkwest/ formal
I requested a taxi for eight o'clock.
- Additionally , we request a deposit of $200 in advance.
- Passengers are requested to check in two hours before the flight.
- Hotel guests are requested to vacate their rooms by twelve noon.
- One regular customer always requests a plate of chips with his sandwich.
- The couple have requested a special dispensation from the Church to allow them to marry.