residentnoun [C]uk /ˈrez.ɪ.dənt/ us /ˈrez.ə.dənt/
resident noun [C] (HOME)
- He entered the United States in 1988 as a permanent resident because of his marriage to a U.S. citizen.
- Most local residents strenuously object to the building proposals.
- This pool is for the use of hotel residents only.
- Do these parking restrictions cover residents as well as visitors?
- All the furniture is the work of residents here.
residentadjectiveuk /ˈrez.ɪ.dənt/ us /ˈrez.ə.dənt/
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: