resignation noun (JOB)
There have been calls for his resignation.
- Her resignation came as quite a shock.
- The book discusses his illness and subsequent resignation from the government.
- There is no truth in the reports of his resignation.
- We must take action to stem the tide of resignations.
- A series of apparently unconnected events led to his resignation.
resignation noun (ACCEPTING)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: