restrictionnoun [ C or U ]uk /rɪˈstrɪk.ʃən/ us /rɪˈstrɪk.ʃən/
At the turn of the century, Congress imposed/placed a height restriction of 13 storeys on all buildings in Washington.
- Do these parking restrictions cover residents as well as visitors?
- These restrictions infringe upon basic human rights.
- There are speed restrictions on this part of the road.
- New restrictions have been placed on the purchase of guns.
- A restriction on the amount of duty free that can be bought has been announced.