result in sth
— phrasal verb with result uk /rɪˈzʌlt/ us /rɪˈzʌlt/ verb [ I ]
- Team work at its best results in a synergy that can be very productive.
- Regular exercise can result in a general diminution in stress levels.
- The fall in the value of the yen might result in a fractional increase in interest rates of perhaps a quarter of one percent.
- The general election in Britain was expected to result in a hung parliament.
- The new tax is a political powder keg which could result in widespread violence.