reverseverbuk /rɪˈvɜːs/ us /rɪˈvɝːs/
reverse verb (CHANGE TO OPPOSITE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
reverse verb (DRIVE BACKWARDS)
reverse verb (PHONE)
reversenounuk /rɪˈvɜːs/ us /rɪˈvɝːs/
- Convention dictates that it is the man who asks the woman to marry him and not the reverse.
- "So is he happier?" "Quite the reverse. I've never seen him more miserable."
- It's a strange situation - it's the reverse of what you'd expect.
- I thought that she'd be happier once he was home but in fact the reverse is true.
- Andrew tends to look after the kids while Marie does the housework which is the reverse of this household.