rewardnoun [ C ]uk /rɪˈwɔːd/ us /rɪˈwɔːrd/
There's a reward for whoever finishes first.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
rewardverb [ T ]uk /rɪˈwɔːd/ us /rɪˈwɔːrd/
B2 to give someone a reward:
- He said if his results were good, he would reward him handsomely.
- The cake takes two hours to cook, but your patience will be richly rewarded.
- After a hard climb, we were rewarded by a picture-postcard vista of rolling hills under a deep blue summer sky.
- The school rewards pupils for good behaviour.
- The scheme is intended to reward customers for their loyalty.