ringnounuk us /rɪŋ/
ring noun (CIRCLE)
- She accidentally dropped her ring down a drain in the road.
- Muhammad Ali's showmanship in the ring shouldn't detract from his considerable skill.
- She sat there nervously twisting the ring around on her finger.
- The jeweller skillfully engraved the initials on the ring.
- His arm was manacled to a ring on the wall.
ring noun (PHONE)
ring noun (SOUND)
ringverbuk us /rɪŋ/
ring verb (PHONE)
- "I'm sorry I forgot to ring you." "Oh, don't worry."
- "Margot rang to say she's too busy to come." "She would - she always has an excuse."
- That decorator you rang about painting the house - did he ever return your call?
- If anyone rings for me, please tell them I'll be back in the office at four o'clock.
- I've just rung him but there was no answer.
ring verb (MAKE SOUND)
ring verb (CIRCLE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: