risknounuk us /rɪsk/
riskverb [T]uk us /rɪsk/
- Local people risked their own lives to shelter resistance fighters from the army.
- The company is risking everything on the new project.
- Are you prepared to risk your life?
- The rescuers risked their lives to save the survivors of the crash.
- She risks losing her reputation if her latest project fails.
- a drowning man will clutch at a straw idiom
- a leap in the dark idiom
- be skating on thin ice idiom
- go for broke idiom
- have/put your head on the block idiom
- run the risk of doing sth idiom
- sail close to the wind idiom
- stick (sth) out
- stick your neck out idiom