rivalnoun [C]uk /ˈraɪ.vəl/ us /ˈraɪ.vəl/
- The company has decided not to go through with the takeover of its smaller rival.
- The airline admitted being involved in a dirty tricks campaign to win customers from their rival.
- She hired an assassin to eliminate her rival.
- Big supermarkets can undercut all rivals, especially small high-street shops.
- They beat several other rivals for the contract.
rivalverb [T]uk /ˈraɪ.vəl/ us /ˈraɪ.vəl/ (-ll- or US usually -l-)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: