Romanesque Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Meaning of “Romanesque” in the English Dictionary

"Romanesque" in British English

See all translations


uk   /ˌrəʊ.məˈnesk/  us   /ˌroʊ-/ specialized
relating to the ​style of ​building that was ​common in ​western and ​southernEurope from the 10th to the 12th ​centuries
noun [U] uk   us  
(Definition of Romanesque from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
What is the pronunciation of Romanesque?
Add Cambridge dictionaries to your browser to your website

“Romanesque” in British English

Word of the Day


a natural ability or skill

Word of the Day

Tree huggers and climate change deniers
Tree huggers and climate change deniers
by Colin McIntosh,
October 08, 2015
The climate debate is one that has predictably generated a large amount of new vocabulary, some of it originally specialized scientific terminology that has been taken up by the media and is now common currency. Some of these terms are new additions to the Cambridge English Dictionary. The two opposing sides in

Read More 

face training noun
face training noun
October 05, 2015
a system of facial exercises designed to tone the facial muscles and improve the skin

Read More