roughly adverb (NOT EXACTLY)
There has been an increase of roughly 2.25 million.
Roughly speaking, it's 2.25 million.
- Chop up the onions and carrots roughly.
- One box may look bigger than the other, but in fact they are roughly equal in volume.
- The two scientists both made the same discovery independently, at roughly the same time.
- The money I've saved corresponds roughly to the amount I need for my course.
- The prices were very roughly calculated - it looked as though he'd done them on the back of an envelope.
roughly adverb (NOT EVENLY)
roughly adverb (VIOLENTLY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words