rubbishnoun [U]uk /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/ us /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/
- Residents have called for a clean-up campaign to keep their streets free from rubbish.
- It's a shame that such a beautiful area has been defiled by a rubbish dump.
- He made a rather half-hearted attempt to clear up the rubbish.
- Look at all this rubbish on the floor.
- Tie up the top of the bag so the rubbish doesn't fall out.
rubbishverb [T]uk /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/ us /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/ UK informal
rubbishadjectiveuk /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/ us /ˈrʌb.ɪʃ/ UK informal
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: