rude adjective (NOT POLITE)
He's a very rude man.
It's rude not to say "Thank you" when you are given something.
He's got no manners - he's rude to everyone.
- She made a rude gesture at the other driver.
- You won't last long in your job if you carry on being so rude to the customers.
- I've heard him be rude to her on a number of occasions.
- You get the odd person who's rude to you but they're generally quite helpful.
- I found him rude and uncooperative.
rude adjective (SUDDEN)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
rude adjective (SIMPLE)
adverb uk /ˈruːd.li/ us /ˈruːd.li/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈruːd.nəs/ us /ˈruːd.nəs/