ruinverb [T]uk /ˈruː.ɪn/ us /ˈruː.ɪn/
- A modern extension on the old building would ruin its architectural integrity.
- The poor sound quality ruined an otherwise splendid film.
- Lucy has just ruined her new dress. That's children for you.
- I think the new extension ruins the proportions of the building.
- If you scuff your feet like that, you'll ruin your shoes.
- be sacrificed on the altar of sth idiom
- blast/blow sb/sth to kingdom come idiom
- fall in
- kill sth off
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg idiom
- knock sth down
- stave sth in
- take sb/sth out
- tear 1
- tear sth apart
- tear sth down
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
ruinnounuk /ˈruː.ɪn/ us /ˈruː.ɪn/