runnernoun [C]uk /ˈrʌn.ər/ us /ˈrʌn.ɚ/
runner noun [C] (GOING QUICKLY)
- Given his age, he's a remarkably fast runner.
- The runner collapsed just a few paces from the finish.
- She has loads of natural talent as a runner and with rigorous training she could be a world-beater.
- During the last lap of the race one of the runners began to pull ahead.
- The runners set off at a blistering pace.
runner noun [C] (BLADE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
runner noun [C] (STEM)
runner noun [C] (TAKING)