runningadjective [after noun]uk us /ˈrʌn.ɪŋ/
- For the second day running, play was impossible because of the rain.
- They had to make running repairs to the vessel to prevent it from sinking.
- It's a running joke between us that he can never remember my wife's name.
- He has been nominated for the best actor award for the fourth year running.
- As he repaired the cooker he gave a running commentary on what he was doing.
runningnoun [U]uk us /ˈrʌn.ɪŋ/
running noun [U] (GOING QUICKLY)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
running noun [U] (OPERATION)