rushverbuk /rʌʃ/ us /rʌʃ/
rush verb (GO/DO QUICKLY)
- Don't rush - take as long as you like.
- I was rushing along with my head down when I cannoned into an old lady walking the other way.
- He's so impetuous - why can't he think things over before he rushes into them?
- At the given signal, the group rushed forward to the barrier.
- Suddenly the door burst open and police officers carrying guns rushed in.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
rush verb (ATTACK)
rush verb (AMERICAN FOOTBALL)
rushnounuk /rʌʃ/ us /rʌʃ/
rush noun (HURRY)
- In the headlong rush to buy houses, many people got into debt.
- I always do my shopping early to beat the rush.
- Somehow, in the rush to get out of the building, I got separated from my mother.
- I'm in a rush to finish the cleaning before the guests arrive.
- There was a mad rush to get to the front of the queue.
rush noun (SUDDEN FEELING)