rustyadjectiveuk /ˈrʌs.ti/ us /ˈrʌs.ti/
rusty adjective (METAL)
- My old bicycle was so rusty that the gears had frozen.
- The door squeaked as it swung back and forth on its rusty hinges.
- There was a pile of rusty old cans by the door.
- I pushed back the rusty old gate and staggered into the garden.
- The track remains in position but rusty with disuse.
rusty adjective (NEEDING PRACTICE)
- be on the tip of your tongue idiom
- beneath the/sb's radar idiom
- blot sth out
- go in one ear and out the other idiom
- least said soonest mended idiom
- lose sight of sth idiom 1
- lose sight of sth
- slip sb's memory/mind idiom
- slip through the net idiom
- take sb's mind off sth idiom