safetynoun [ U ]uk /ˈseɪf.ti/ us /ˈseɪf.ti/
For your (comfort and) safety, we recommend you keep your seat belt loosely fastened during the flight.
Police are concerned for the safety of (= think that something bad might have happened to) the five-year-old.
- Concern for the safety of the two missing teenagers is growing.
- The report is highly critical of safety standards at the factory.
- The airline is taking steps to ensure safety on its aircraft.
- Her parents fear for her safety.
- These measures were designed to improve car safety.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words