sale noun (SELL)
I haven't made a sale all morning.
sales [ U, + sing/pl verb ]
sales [ plural ]
sale or return
- The government passed a law to restrict the sale of guns.
- Eleven million bottles of water had to be withdrawn from sale due to a health scare.
- Proceeds from the sale of the cards go to local charities.
- We'll split the proceeds from the sale.
- We found a buyer for our house, but then the sale fell through.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
sale noun (CHEAP PRICE)
a mid-season/end-of-season sale
a clearance/closing-down sale
on sale A2 mainly US UK usually in the sale