scenenounuk us /siːn/
scene noun (THEATRE/FILM)
scene noun (VIEW)
- a scene of desolation
- Our window looked out on a beautiful alpine scene.
- The painting depicts an idyllic pastoral scene of shepherds watching over their grazing sheep.
- Picture the scene - the crowds of people and animals, the noise, the dirt.
- There is a battle scene on the front cover.
scene noun (PLACE)
- Doctors pronounced him clinically dead at the scene of the accident.
- Ambulances, police cars and fire engines all converged on the scene.
- Bloodstained clothing was found near the scene.
- A knife was found at the scene of the crime.
- The car had been abandoned two kilometres away from the scene of the robbery.
scene noun (AREA)
scene noun (ARGUMENT)