sealnoun [ C ]uk /siːl/ us /siːl/
seal noun [ C ] (ANIMAL)
seal noun [ C ] (COVERING)
seal noun [ C ] (MARK)
sealverb [ T ]uk /siːl/ us /siːl/
seal verb [ T ] (COVERING)
- The top of the bottle is then sealed with green wax.
- To ensure that the bottles of ink are not tampered with, the lids will be sealed with plastic.
- Make sure that any gaps around the edge of the bath are sealed.
- Seal the bags before they go in the freezer.
- Food sealed in foil pouches lasts for a long time.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: