seasonnoun [ C ]uk /ˈsiː.zən/ us /ˈsiː.zən/
the holiday, summer, tourist, etc. season
the third season of Homeland
Fruit is cheaper when it's in season.
out of season
- Autumn is my favourite season.
- Vegetable prices fluctuate according to the season.
- We could always go later in the season.
- The island is very busy during the tourist season.
- April sees the start of the football season.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: