secondordinal number, determineruk us /ˈsek.ənd/
secondadverbuk us /ˈsek.ənd/
secondnounuk us /ˈsek.ənd/
second noun (TIME)
- Any half-decent sprinter can run 100 metres in 11 seconds.
- With two laps to go Ngomo led by less than two seconds.
- The computer takes a few seconds to power up after it's been switched on.
- She has beaten her own record of three minutes ten seconds.
- A dog can tear a rabbit apart in seconds.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
second noun (POSITION)
second noun (MEASUREMENT)
second noun (DAMAGED PRODUCT)
second noun (HELPER)
second noun (GEAR)
second noun (QUALIFICATION)