securitynounuk /sɪˈkjʊə.rɪ.ti/ us /-ˈkjʊr.ə.t̬i/
security noun (PROTECTION)
- Why would a tenant agree to swap life-time security for a short-term lease?
- You need some financial security when you have children.
- Government bonds are a sound investment because they combine good profits and high security.
- In this age of short-term contracts, job security often seems like a thing of the past.
- If it's a choice between higher pay and job security, I'd prefer to keep my job.
security noun (CERTAINTY)
security noun (FINANCE)