senatornoun [ C ]uk /ˈsen.ə.tər/ us /ˈsen.ə.t̬ɚ/ written abbreviation Sen.
- The senator has been in the spotlight recently since the revelation of his tax frauds.
- The senator worked hard, always talking to his constituents and hearing their problems.
- The senator has two homes - an apartment in Washington and a house in Colorado.
- For three hours a committee of state senators listened to a parade of local residents giving their opinions.
- former U.S. senator George Mitchell
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words