seriesnoun [C]uk /ˈsɪə.riːz/ us /ˈsɪr.iːz/ (plural series)
series noun [C] (SET OF EVENTS)
- The initial earthquake was followed by a series of aftershocks.
- He's had a series of badly paid jobs.
- The police are trying to determine the series of events that led up to the murder.
- The government's reputation has already been harmed by a series of scandals.
- There was a series of explosions and the van burst into flames .
series noun [C] (SET OF BROADCASTS)
- He's the creator of a successful cartoon series.
- He liked the second series but I thought it was fairly poor.
- Alan Bennett wrote a series of monologues called Talking Hea ds.
- A new series of wildlife programmes has started on Monday evenings.
- She has made a series of documentaries on the subject of family relationships.