seriousadjectiveuk /ˈsɪə.ri.əs/ us /ˈsɪr.i-/
serious adjective (BAD)
- The long hot summer has led to serious water shortages.
- The drought caused serious shortfalls in the food supply.
- Drunken drivers pose a serious threat to other road users.
- It was a serious fall - it'll be a while before you feel up to walking again.
- Strong winds had caused serious damage to the roof.
serious adjective (NOT JOKING)
serious adjective (DETERMINED)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
serious adjective (NEEDING ATTENTION)
serious adjective (EXTREME)