seriously adverb (BADLY)
- I seriously think she'll go crazy if she doesn't have a holiday soon.
- I would seriously consider moving if I had a child.
- Are you seriously telling me that you think you're fat?
- No but seriously, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
- She isn't seriously thinking of telling him, is she?
seriously adverb (NOT JOKING)
seriously adverb (NEEDING ATTENTION)
take sb/sth seriously
- You don't take me seriously any more!
- We have to take complaints like this very seriously.
- We take this sort of thing very seriously indeed.
- Doctors will always take this symptom seriously.
- I was joking - don't take me so seriously!
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words