set sth aside
— phrasal verb with set uk /set/ us /set/ verb present participle setting, past tense and past participle set
- I set aside some of the soup for Jim to have later.
- We set aside a few dollars a month to buy furniture.
- Could you set aside half an hour this afternoon to talk about Emma?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- beneath the/sb's radar idiom
- block sth out
- brush sth off
- bury/have your head in the sand idiom
- let sth ride idiom
- look straight/right through sb idiom
- lost in the shuffle idiom
- step on sb
- sweep sth aside
- there's none so deaf as those who will not hear idiom