- As a racing driver, he was involved in many serious crashes and had cheated death on several occasions.
- We carried the picture carefully through to the main exhibition, circumnavigating several obstacles en route.
- She undertook several clandestine operations for the CIA.
- It took several hours to clear the road after the accident.
- The road clings to the coastline for several miles, then it turns inland.
severaladjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈsev.ər.əl/ us /ˈsev.ɚ.əl/ formal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words