severelyadverbuk /sɪˈvɪə.li/ us /səˈvɪr.li/
severely adverb (VERY SERIOUSLY)
- Their movements have been severely circumscribed since the laws came into effect.
- The arms-dealing affair has severely damaged the reputation of the government.
- The last government severely curtailed trade union rights.
- The accident left him severely disabled.
- The court heard how the child had been severely ill-treated by his parents.
severely adverb (NOT KINDLY)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
severely adverb (PLAINLY)