shallow adjective (NOT DEEP)
- The kids were splashing about in the shallow end of the swimming pool.
- Several different species of fish inhabit these shallow waters.
- We waded through a shallow river.
- The water was shallow so the kids were perfectly safe.
- In the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico, oil rigs attract shoals of fish.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
shallow adjective (NOT SERIOUS)
adverb uk /ˈʃæl.əʊ.li/ us /ˈʃæl.oʊ.li/