shiftverbuk us /ʃɪft/
shift verb (MOVE/CHANGE)
shift verb (GET RID OF)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
shiftnounuk us /ʃɪft/
shift noun (GROUP)
shift noun (CHANGE)
- The last few years have seen a shift in opinion on the issue.
- The 1990s saw a shift to democratic government in eastern Europe.
- Rarely has there been such a dramatic shift in American policy and tone.
- Opinion polls show a dramatic shift in attitude towards the environment.
- Recent years have witnessed a shift away from fatty foods.