sickadjectiveuk /sɪk/ us /sɪk/
sick adjective (ILL)
- Her new film deals with the relationship between a woman and her sick daughter.
- The new president said she would dedicate herself to protecting the rights of the old, the sick, and the homeless.
- In his speech, he dwelt on the plight of the sick and the hungry.
- He had the furred tongue of a sick man.
- I spent most of the morning ministering to my sick husband.
sick adjective (VOMIT)
sick adjective (UNPLEASANT)
sick adjective (GOOD)
sicknounuk /sɪk/ us /sɪk/
sick noun (ILL)