significantadjectiveuk /sɪɡˈnɪf.ɪ.kənt/ us /sɪɡˈnɪf.ə.kənt/
significant adjective (IMPORTANT)
- Is there any significant difference in quality between these two items?
- Research in the field of genito-urinary medicine has led to significant health advances in the last decade.
- The institution of a Freedom of Information Act has had a significant effect.
- You have all invested significant amounts of time and energy in making this project the success that it is.
- Lotus make luxury cars for a small but significant niche market.