sing verb (MAKE MUSIC)
Your grandmother would like you to sing for/to her.
You need to sing up (= sing louder).
- There's no need to hang back - you can sing as well as anyone.
- So let's have a round of applause, please, for a very lovely and talented young lady who is going to sing for us.
- The children will first sing individually and then together as a group.
- And then he started to sing. Well, I didn't know where to put myself.
- He started to sing professionally after leaving college.
sing verb (RING)
noun [ U ] uk /ˈsɪŋ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈsɪŋ.ɪŋ/