sitverbuk us /sɪt/ (present participle sitting, past tense and past participle sat)
sit verb (BE SEATED)
- I could sit here and argue with you till the cows come home, but it wouldn't solve anything.
- Don't sit on the floor - you might dirty your dress.
- Come and sit beside me, duck.
- Children can't sit still for long without fidgeting.
- I'm looking forward to Sunday, the only fly in the ointment being the fact that I shall have to sit next to my mother-in-law.
sit verb (POSITION)
sit verb (MEET)
sit verb (BE A MEMBER)
sit verb (EXAM)
sit verb (TAKE CARE OF)