skeletonnoun [ C ]uk /ˈskel.ə.tən/ us /ˈskel.ə.t̬ən/
- The discovery of the dinosaur skeleton has cast light on why they became extinct.
- They used carbon dating tests to authenticate the claim that the skeleton was 2 million years old.
- We went to see the dinosaur skeletons in the Natural History Museum.
- They found a human skeleton under the building's foundations.
- He was so thin that you could see his skeleton through his skin.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: