sleep noun (NOT AWAKE)
I must get some sleep - I'm exhausted.
get/go to sleep
- Get a good night's sleep and you'll feel better able to cope.
- She fell into a lovely deep sleep.
- I'm not feeling very alert today - not enough sleep last night!
- It was so hot that I didn't get off to sleep till three o'clock.
- She grinds her teeth in her sleep.
sleep noun (SUBSTANCE)
sleep on sth
sleep rough UK
- Having a milky drink before bed helps me sleep.
- My brother and I slept in the same room.
- He likes to sleep on the right side of the bed.
- I'm so tired I could sleep in this chair!
- I slept terribly last night.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adjective uk /ˈsliː.pɪŋ/ us /ˈsliː.pɪŋ/